Monday, November 4, 2013

birthday blessings

Alex got me super awesome birthday roses and some bubbly!


Being far away from my family has been super difficult for me to deal with. Don't get me wrong, Alex's family (my new family) is spectacular and has been so very supportive and loving and I'm sure we'll never be able to thank them adequately enough but I want my family around too! Perhaps it's these pregnant hormones that make things a little more dramatic. Anyway, in planning a baby shower my mom determined she'd rather take vacation days from her work and put them toward a longer stay when Baby comes...meaning she wouldn't be able to come to the shower here in Georgia.

Drama. I mean c'mon how could I not be devastated that my own mother wouldn't be there for her first grandbaby's miniature birthday party?! But wouldn't you believe it things worked out for me to be able to fly to my homeland, ahh Texas, and celebrate with my mom, sister, grandma, aunts, cousins and friends! It was fantastic-the best

I arrived on the 30th of October, the day after my birthday, and without Alex because he wasn't able to take off work. It was the first time since our sealing for us to be apart overnight and I was 32 weeks pregnant...of course I bawled on the flight, I hate being away from Alex and the fact that I just started getting some stretch marks on my belly was NOT helping. Luckily the flight was in the evening and I had an empty seat next to me so I wasn't too embarrassed and pretty comfortable but I did start to swell! It was so silly-apparently flying will do that to you, especially a pregnant version of you.

So when I got off the plane my sweet sister (in all her 100 lbs glory) came to help me get my huge bag from baggage claim. I imagine it was a funny sight to see two girls, in our conditions, carrying such a large bag, I would've laughed! My mom was out at the car ready and so surprised to see how much Baby had grown and she was happy to pat my belly and ask how I felt. It was so nice to be in Austin-there really is no place like home.

I'm a terrible picture taker (I'm asking Santa for a camera to maybe help me be better at documenting our lives.) You'll just have to take my word for it when I tell you that the decorations for the party were so adorable-I'm sure my mom has some photos somewhere. I walked in saying, "This is so cute!" and thinking, "This is for me...c-r-a-z-y.

It was so fun to spend time leading up to the party hanging out with my siblings, parents, puppy Donna and friends. At the party my mom made a baby out of fruit (complete with watermelon stroller, orange head and pacifier) that was so cute and yummy and my grandma an amazing cake decorator made probably the best strawberry cake I ever had with a waterfall! They sure do love me. I got to visit with people who've known me forever I feel like and play fun games with them and of course get some wonderful gifts: clothes, books (love), diapers, blankets, etc. It was truly a blessing for me to go and spend that time with my family and friends to visit and be showered with temporal and eternal gifts!


Donna Dog wearing a hat for a split second-that deserves a treat :)
I loved getting books for Baby and want a bunch more. I need to get my hands on some classics. The gospel related one is super awesome and came with a "map". As for the other two books I've already read them to Baby :)

My parents' attempt at making playdough babies.
 My mom decided to make the dough which turned out great but she had to add in some Ovaltine to give it a more realistic pigment-ha! Mom made the giant baby on the left and Dad made the one on the right-we all thought it was a parent holding a baby and said it was so sweet and good job Dad until he told us the whole thing was the baby just sitting and folding its arms! We all died laughing, needless to say I hope Baby isn't too massive or mature.


Austin is seriously the greatest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment