Monday, October 28, 2013

October Occurrences

Having this baby has consumed my thoughts, energy and time...so my blogging has been slacking.
I apologize. 
This will be a quick review of the things we've been up to:

Since moving here to Georgia, where Alex grew up, we've been able to spend some time with his childhood BFF Jake and his cute wife and their adorable son. They live not too far away in a beautiful house where they invited us to do some pumpkin carving and for us ladies, painting. It was so much fun; I think we watched a movie but I know we ate some delicious cookies!
Alex carved another Falcon pumpkin (he did it last year) and I painted a Frankenstein that turned out looking like a lego head...it was great and we proudly put them on our porch with the "Cinderella Pumpkin" (a blue pumpkin) Alex's parents got for us at a pumpkin patch.
I don't know of any better looking pumpkins!

On a date night Alex and I swung by the dollar tree and picked something out for each other to craft. I got a sudoku puzzle book-which I love! And Alex a little elephant bank to paint. He did a super good job with the super cheap paint and we decided that Baby Peach will love her elephant piggy bank.

Isn't he the cutest?

We got a 4D sonogram done by the grace of our lovely friend and nurse and it was awesome! Baby girl was squished and never really too photogenic but we did get to see her cute little face with a button nose and little duck lips-she's going to be so cute and I love her so much!

look at those lips!

Since my birthday is on the 29th and I'll be going to Texas the 30th we decided to celebrate the weekend before. Let me just say that I hate being away from Alex and never have overnight and I'm really upset he can't go with me. Anyway, for my birthday we went to the used bookstore and got some great books, ventured to the temple, ate at Chuys (a taste of heaven!) and got some small canvas' and paints for crafting! This month really was very craft filled. It was a blast and I hope to get better at documenting things when they happen...wish me luck!






One of my awesome books-I finished it in one day and it was from the "free" bin of the bookstore!
It was a complete thriller and I highly recommend it.

My painting! It's a small summary of my 23rd year of life: graduate, move, baby, etc. 

Other than those things I got a care package from my lovely friend who's also expecting a girl-it was the best! We went to a corn maze/pumpkin patch with Jake and his wife. We played at the park and got our first frost of winter on our cars that went away very quickly. Gotta love October!



No comments:

Post a Comment