Saturday, October 5, 2013

fall fall fall

October 1st marked a few lovely milestones:
Emily's favorite month-leaves change, the weather cools, her birthday, etc.
passing of the glucose test=less needles!
Braves playoffs (Alex's treat mostly)
28 weeks of pregnancy-third trimester!


(another big reason why we love fall so much)

Lately I've been avoiding talking with people about pregnancy unless I am comfortable enough with them and can handle their less positive information-so it's gotten better. Alex is a wonderful husband and has been very loving as the scale shows greater numbers, bathroom visits are more frequent, energy levels have started to decrease and the nights have become more interrupted.

Being pregnant and working as a part time nanny I don't get out much or see very many people other than the moms at the bus stop-which is quite fun actually! They've been really kind to me and encouraging throughout this pregnancy and kind of seem like my new friends...weird, I know since they are closer to my mom's age.

We are still working on getting Baby Peach's room all set up. Alex painted it (with a little help from the Elders in our ward) a light gray. There's not really a theme, just gray and pink chevron that I just can't get enough of. Alex's mom ordered some pink minky bedding which I am so excited for because it's super soft and I'm hoping to get some nice black out curtains so she's the most comfortable.

Peach likes to move all the time and I don't know if it's as regular as you think because I'm not joking when I say all. the. time. But she's so camera shy because whenever I pull out my phone to video her moving she always stops or only moves a bit! Such a stinker. We love her and are so excited to have a little princess. We're still working on names and have a few we like so we'll see what we decide probably when she debuts in December.


I painted my pumpkin this year!


happiness to go

Other than those things, Alex and I are obsessed with all things pumpkin this fall. We discovered a new drink at Starbucks: Pumpkin Creme Frappaccino (no coffee) it's so good! He also bought all the ingredients necessary for making a pumpkin pie and I'm hoping to make some new pumpkin treat too I just haven't decided what yet-I'm sure pinterest will solve that problem for me in no time. We love this time of year and are almost in disbelief at how the time of having a baby and becoming parents is right around the corner! I hope we can handle it!

No comments:

Post a Comment