Friday, December 20, 2013

Full Term


Last week-feeling huge.
I just can't believe how close we are!
Ladies and gentlemen, we made it, we are full term! This Tuesday at my doctors appointment I was told that I was super tight and wasn't making any progress so she attempted (there's no way to know if it worked for sure) to strip my membranes-can you say uncomfortable and ow?! So when I went in to the office today she tried again to strip me. Apparently, I was at a "soft 1cm" and Baby is at 8lbs 1oz (Alex was a 9 pounder and I was 8 something) so we decided that if by next Friday, the 27th, I hadn't gone into labor on my own I will be induced. Insanity! 

I never thought I'd be one to be induced and am really hoping my body can figure things out on its own. We have two more visits next week and I had my last day of work today so hopefully things will start to happen! 

In other news we got Baby's blessing dress in the mail, my mom finally committed to a flight, we got a much needed oil change and I did this survey I stole from a beautiful friend's blog.



About the Mommy!
Name: Emily 
Age: 24 
Hair Color: Brown
 Eye Color: Brown

About the Daddy!

Name: Alex

Age: 25
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown and green

Finding Out!

What day did you find out?: Cinco de Mayo, 2013
How did you feel when you found out?: SHOCKED, anxious, excited, and everything else
Who was with you?: Alex of course
Who was the first person you told?: Other than Alex...my parents!
How did they react?: They were on their way to the temple and so excited!



About the Pregnancy!
When was your first appointment?: June 16th
When is your due date?: Christmas Eve-December 24, 2013
Have you had any ultrasounds?: Yes, like 8 now. 
Have you heard the heartbeat?: At every appointment!
What was the heartbeat?: What kind of question is this-it's fast and so real!
Sex of the baby: Sweet Baby Girl

About the Birth!
Do you know what you are taking with you?: Hopefully everything we need and some cute outfits for Baby Peach.
Who is going to be with you?: Alex
Are you going to videotape it?: I would rather die.
Natural or Medicated?: As natural as can be, then medicine please.
Do you think you will need a c-section?: No, but you never know!
Will you cry when you hold your baby for the first time?: Maybe, I'll certainly be happy to finally see her!
Do you think Daddy will cry?: He might tear up
Do you know what you will say to the baby when you first hold him/her?: I love you, or something like that.
Do you have a name picked out?: We're pretty sure we agree on one.
Is your baby going to be named after someone?: No


About Week 39!
How far along are you? Too far, 39 weeks 3 days-4 to go!
How big is Baby? Today she measured at 8 lbs 1 oz
Weight Gain? Duh
Stretch Marks? Ugh, yes.
Sleep? When Baby lets me. 
Symptoms? Well it's flu season so I now have a runny nose along with all the other symptoms of pregnancy.
Movement? Of course, especially at night!
 Food Cravings? Not really.
Labor Signs? A few Braxton Hicks and fewer "real" contractions.
Belly Button in or out? In for life!
What I am looking forward to? Snuggling and kissing a little angel fresh from heaven!
Best moment of the week? Having a one last ultrasound of baby!


Other Random Questions!!
What was your first symptom?: Gas probably but Alex will say, missed period for a few months.

What is the baby’s room theme?: Grey and pink, I guess.

What was the first thing you bought for the baby?: We bought a pink blanket!
Will you cloth diaper?: No thanks. 
BFing or Formula?: Why yes, in that order.
What is your favorite pregnancy book?: I started two...I like Secrets of the Baby Whisperer
What do you look forward to doing again once you are no longer pregnant?: Breathing, laying on my belly...VOLLEYBALL and other sports!
What physical features do you hope baby will get from Daddy?: Those gorgeous eyes and perfect smile and everything.
What physical features do you hope baby will get from you?: Height
Is he ready to be a Daddy?: He has no choice but yes, he's the best!
Are you ready to be a Mommy?: Oh gosh, I think so-pray for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment