Monday, June 24, 2013

the waiting game

I've always considered myself to be pretty patient but this summer is killing me! I feel like I can't do anything until we get some serious answers.

Alex is trying to follow in his aunt's and uncle's footsteps and go to law school at Georgia State (his dad even attended the university but not for law). Before we left Idaho we were informed that he was on the waiting list-that was months ago! He emailed the school to see if there was any way to find out his placement on the waiting list and last weekend he received an email saying there were only 60 people on the waiting list and that he should be getting an answer within a week or two (ok that's really just my assumption but c'mon it has to be soon because school is going to start before we know it).

The other thing I've been dying to find out is the gender of Baby Peach! My goal was to try to get a job during the summer months so we can store away extra money before the baby comes. But I've had no luck so all I do is sit around the condo, tired, nauseous, cleaning, applying and wanting to paint the nursery and start planning for the little one. It's dreadful and sometimes I feel that I'm not contributing to anyone or anything (being pregnant makes me super dramatic).

For my lack of photos I decided to throw in a sonogram of me that my mom found the other day rummaging through her old files. This was only 18 days before I was born! (Thankfully technology has advanced-how were they even sure I was a girl...or human??)
It's like we're in line for The Superman at Six Flags: long, hot and stinky. I'm hoping by next month we can get out of the line and on the roller coaster of fun, studying, hard work, sleepless nights, planning...wait a second-why do I want to get on it again? Oh yes, because being stagnant actually feels like I'm moving backwards.

So let's get some answers and do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment