Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Hello Blogging World!


Well, much to Alex's dismay, I have decided to start a blog to keep our friends and family that are no longer nearby in touch with the small details of our lives.

Let's see, where to begin...well I guess I'll backtrack a little bit to April. 
Alex and I where both able to graduate from BYU Idaho: Alex is now a Political Scientist and I am an Art Historian. Ok, well not really but that's what our diplomas say! Both of our lovely families were able to come up for graduation (except for my brother Steve and Alex's brother Drew). 

WE DID IT!


We then packed up our very first apartment, with the help of some amazing friends, and started our trek south. Due to the weather in Wyoming we took a little longer to get "home" and missed seeing our friends the Dickson's in Omaha. Eventually we got to Georgia (at 1 in the morning) and were able to get settled. 

UHAULIN' across the USA
Since we have been here in Georgia we've moved into a condo that Alex's Grandpa owns. It was our turn I suppose because almost everyone in the family has lived here (parents, aunts, uncles, etc.). We really love it and finally got a kitchen table! We've also been able to celebrate our 2nd anniversary, Alex's 25th, Mother's Day, Drew's high school graduation and Drew's birthday. We even got tickets to the Hawks playoff game against the Pacers-both teams season is finally over but at least it was fun. 

Alex and his childhood BFF Jake
Alex has been working for his Aunt's Title Company and awaiting an answer from Georgia State Law School to see if he's been accepted yet. (Since he's on the waiting list they could potentially not give us a "yes" or "no" until the first day of classes-frustrating.) I've been looking for a job and trying to make the condo ours. 
Our lovely Kitchen Table!

our kitchen 
Family+Living Room
the layout
our "office"


We really miss our college buddies and playing volleyball all the time. But we have some friends and family planning on visiting already so we are pumped! For me I think it's taking a bit more of adjusting to get used to calling Georgia home. I really was feeling sad for myself at first missing all of my friends but with the best family, new and fast technology and a great ward I'm doing good. Anyway, that was a lot and I'm still not quite sure how to arrange photos or fonts or even think of a clever blog name but I'm sure I'll figure it out, until next time friends!

XOXO
Kjars

2 comments:

  1. Your home is so cute!!!!!! I'm jealous! I'm ready to get out of Rexburg! So glad you got a blog so I can stalk you further!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carissa! Whenever y'all want to visit you are totally welcome to :)

    ReplyDelete