Monday, June 17, 2013

Oh Baby!

It's true!

After four years of friendship, two years of marriage, two bachelors degrees, and a move back South (just to name a few milestones) our family is growing! Alex and I are nervous and excited to be having a precious baby enter our world around Christmas Eve! It's convenient timing for the family to all be together!

This is my Father's Day Card to Alex and the collage I made to announce our news on Facebook.
So here's a timeline of events:

In December I decided not to refill my birth control and since then we have not been trying to get pregnant. So when we arrived in Georgia and I had an irregular schedule (if you know what I mean) Alex started to get uneasy and wanted me to take a pregnancy test. 
I was in denial about the whole thing. My mother had terrible morning sickness up until the day I was born and I thought to myself: If I know I'm pregnant I'll get sick, so I'm not! Silly me. I took two tests on May 5th and they were both positive. We didn't know how to react! We were happy and nervous and every other emotion but I was still in denial because I didn't want to get sick.
To make sure the tests were correct I set up an appointment with a regular doctor who confirmed the pregnancy and gave me a small, plastic, blue pacifier and I got so excited and for a second thought she was telling me we were having a boy. But quickly realized that would've been impossible but we are hoping for a healthy baby boy. 

I'm hoping this is a sign of what's to come!


On the 30th I had my first visit with the "baby doctor" who gave me an ultrasound right away! I was so shocked and all I could say was "this is so weird!" I mean, there is a person growing in my belly! That's insane!

our very first sonogram


So June 1st came around and I couldn't help it-I had to tell my family. So we called our parents and my siblings and told them the news! Both our parents will be first time grandparents and they were thrilled! My mom started the nickname Baby Peach, which is what we call it for now, but my brother refuses to call the baby by that name. You see, we're very rooted Austinites-not just Texans, specifically Austin, Texans-so with such a Georgian nickname, brother calls the baby "The Lonestar Kid". 

12.5 weeks and goodbye first trimester!


June 15th we decided, after one more visit to the "baby doctor", to tell our extended family and close friends about our little addition and then to the world on Father's Day! It has been a crazy first trimester and I have been nauseous, tired and extremely emotional-hopefully that'll all simmer down but maybe I'm just in denial again...we'll see!

2 comments: