Wednesday, August 7, 2013

HALFWAY

I am 20 weeks pregnant!!

20 weeks



same day, different shirt-for effect of course


Hooray we are halfway! It feels like I haven't had a doctor visit in forever and I'm dying to see how Baby Peach is because I feel a lot bigger now and I want to see how much she's grown!
Last weekend we were finally able to get our crib, just as my family left, and the nursery is really coming together. Let's see my pregnancy app tells me to write down my reflections of this whole experience so here goes:

Lately I've been having a harder time sleeping, gaining 10 lbs on my belly will do that I suppose. So I've been looking at some body pillows to take away the discomfort. I feel like I've been feeling kicks and movement for a while now but didn't want to say it was for sure because I wanted Alex to be able to feel them too. When I told him I thought I felt something but I wasn't sure because he needed to feel, he told me he knew I would feel things a lot sooner than he could-he's so understanding! So then I told him it was a kick for sure and I tell him when they are so hopefully he can catch it too.

I am almost praying that she has Alex's eyes because they are the BEST and based on how I've felt she'll be very quiet, maybe a bit gassy, and peaceful. I sort of picture her as being like my sister Stephanie-completely loving, quiet and graceful. I just hope we can teach her all those things but most of all who she is and why she's here.

We are so happy to be having a little baby and I can't wait to go to the doctor next week to see how everything is! We also found out that she'll be the very first baby on my side of the family to be born into the covenant. That's so special for us and I'm so happy for all of the so many righteous decisions that have come before her to make that possible!

As far as names, nothing has been decided yet but because both of our families are pretty big on family names and because Alex is the oldest grandchild on both his dad and mom's sides of the family; I figured we could give her a middle name after her great grandma Kjar, Marianne. Which means, Anne will probably be her middle name. Her nursery is really coming along but doesn't really have a theme yet. I think I want to do light gray and pink chevron with owls and elephants because it's cute and we can change out the pink for blue if we have a boy sometime in the future. We'll see though! For now it's just white walls.

Baby Peach's room so far!

Her Texas blanket from Grandpa Steve

We got the red stroller for her UGA loving Dad.

We're almost all ready!


In other news, our great friends the Gressel's are in town and we've been able to visit with them a bit. We played tennis in the rain and got some Waffle House. We always have lots of fun with them and have been able to share lots of great summer memories together.
Also, I got a job as a part time, mostly afterschool nanny for 3 wonderful children that live very close. I feel very blessed to be able to watch them and to store away some extra money for our growing family. The Lord really loves each and everyone of us and knows our needs. Hooray for halfway!

No comments:

Post a Comment